Last week, I got talking with some friends who love to blog stalk (I'm looking at you Hailey, Karlie, Kaylyn). I realized how quickly catching up on blogs became a part of my daily routine. Google Reader is the best thing that ever happened to me. For those of you who don't use it (or any other reader like Blog Lovin' or whatever), I recommend it. I love having all my stuff in one place, with neat little numbers that disappear once I read everything. And it isn't just blogs. I have websites on there too, all that update in my feed whenever there's something new. I love it.
So here it is. My top 10 Favorite Blogs to Stalk.
- The Glitter Guide. Awesome, awesome tumblr. My favorite fashion blog. They post a lot, so there's always something to look at. They are what they claim to be: "A guide to all that's chic. fun, and glittery in fashion, trends, design, and food."
- Verbal Vomit. This girl is pure genius. Her illustrations make me laugh out loud (LOL). She's a BYU student, too. Click through to read her post "How To Be A Hipster." It's the best blog post I've read in ages. I share it with everyone.
- Kendi Everyday. She was one of my earliest fashion blog finds. She's awesome. She does the 30 for 30 challenge frequently. I copy her outfit ideas. Not ashamed to admit it. And she's the only fashion blogger who's text I actually read, instead of just skimming for the outfit pictures. Go Kendi.
- How To Provo. If you can't make fun of yourself and your city, you don't have a sense of humor. And as much as I love Provo (and I really do), we are pretty ridiculous you guys. Enjoy the post on Engagement Photos. It's a favorite of me + The Beard.
- Sh*t My Students Write. Teacher or not, you will find this amusing. As a teacher, I find it absolutely hilarious. Maybe my tumblr will feature some of these once I start grading papers. (Cristina... this is for you.)
- A Spot of Whimsy. Funny how home design and lifestyle blogs start to get more interesting once you're facing a big empty house of your own. This blog is the perfect blend of fashion, design, pop culture, and overall style. I've flagged a ton of these posts for decorating my house and I can't wait to get started!
- Cupcakes & Cashmere. She's a pro. Seriously. Check out the categories along the side. Her How To's are incredibly helpful. She's so good at finding unique things and making them fashionable.
- The Art of Manliness. The Beard showed me this a couple months ago, and I think it's just awesome. A couple of the posts have been really helpful, actually. Mostly I just read it to remind myself that there are men out there trying to be men. Share this with your boyfriends and husbands. You'll thank me later.
- Awkward Family Photos. Never gets old.
- National Geographic Daily. What kind of a Geography teacher would I be if I didn't follow this? But honestly the photos are stunning. Great addition to your daily stalking.