Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Marching to the Beat of My Own Metaphorical Drumline

I've always loved marching bands. Seriously. I know it's kind of nerdy.

When I was probably 8 years old I told my mom that I wanted to learn to play the drums. She (wisely) suggested that I learn to play the piano first. I begrudgingly conceded. I played piano for 5 or 6 years until it became intolerable. I wanted to be slide tackling and scoring goals, not practicing sight-reading like a CHUMP. I played by ear and never wanted to sight-read, so my teachers hated me. I'm certain it didn't have anything to do with me being a smart-ass my entire life. [In retrospect I'm super sad I didn't stick with it.]

I played on drum sets wherever I could find them, and Rock Band was a total godsend. I still wish I could be Meg White.

Obvs I like the movie Drumline, in spite of Nick Cannon.

So it should be no surprise to you guys that this video made my WEEK. Enjoy.

1 comment: