Actual Confucian Sayings:
- Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous.
- The superior man acts before he speaks, and afterward speaks according to his actions.
- Choose a job you love and you will never work a single day in your life.
- A lion chased me up a tree, and I greatly enjoyed the view from the top.
My kids' Confucian Sayings:
- Girls are like war, dangerous and unpredictable.
- Nature is beautiful because it chose to be.
- Boys are like Pop-Tarts-- They're better when they're hot! (LOL LOL)
- If you look at the ground you'll never see a rainbow.
- Seek to express, not impress.
- Chocolate makes a moment perfect.
- Don't wait for a miracle - become one.
- If you have haters, then you're doing something right.
- No matter how good you are at something, there's always an Asian better than you.
I think the mix of hilarious and poignant is a great snapshot of what life is like here at the junior high. :)