1. "Baby It's Cold Outside" is definitely about date rape.
2. "Last Christmas" is about a clearly unstable person who was in love with a slut and obviously didn't have any idea that he/she was repulsed with her/him.
3. "Blue Christmas" and "Baby Please Come Home" are so desperate I get embarrassed just listening.
4. "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" is cute I guess, but I can't get past how disturbing that would be for the kid. Like scarring, probably.
4. "Santa Baby" is just a glorified little girl thinking she has her daddy wrapped around her little finger, but her 'daddy' is really Santa and the "little girl" is a wannabe seductive greedskank.
I don't know why we don't just listen to the perfection that is NSYNC's Christmas album.
Despite all that, I love Christmas and I'm getting all kinds of excited, just like everyone else. The tree is up. We have completed Christmas shopping for everyone but each other. Copious amounts of hot chocolate are disappearing from our pantry. Fun all around.
So if I were a creepy, slutty, greedy "Santa Baby" singer, here is what I'd be crooning about:
Really gonna need some booties. I'm thinking sleek black for school, rugged western for leggings and sweaters when I'm off duty.
Drop waist dresses are killing it right now. Almost bought one for $15 (!!!) at Downeast a couple weeks ago but it was too short. Depression set in rapidly.
New frames. I picked out an awesome pair at my eye exam last month and then chickened out at the last minute. I hate wearing my glasses, but now I'm obsessed with these so hopefully I'll wear them more when I inevitably buy them.
A stunzo leather jacket. Every cool girl has one.
I never wanted a wedding band, and haven't ever worn one. But when I saw this bow wedding band, I wanted it. That could be a wedding band right? It definitely won't be anytime soon, but maybs someday.
Bloggers have been bombarding the blogosphere (alliteration anyone?) with oh-so-chic printed sweaters right and left. Totally behind this one.
A tweed or boucle structured Chanel-esque jacket. But could I even pull it off? The dilemma.
Cap toe heels. D*&$ you, JCrew.
The R2D2 case, obvs. I guess I'd need an iPhone first. But honestly I want the case more.
See? It's not ONLY clothes. Kate Spade makes the cutest iPad cases.
I'm trying to write more, and to take my writing seriously, because I really love it. I just need things to write about and something that forces me to write.
I just wanna do everything Eliesa does, so I naturally fell in love with her new leather satchel/backpack/statement bag. Now I want one.
All images (and many, many, many more that I want) I gathered from my reservoirs of boards on Pinterest.
What I really want for Christmas is for Pinterest to create some sort of folder/organizing system for all 10 recipe boards, 6 outfit boards, 8 holiday boards, 5 home design boards, and any other type of board I choose to create in the not-so-distant future.
Follow my Pinterest account. I pin so much and so often. You won't regret it.