Friday, January 27, 2012

They Called it Obsessive Puppy Love

When I was in 7th grade the best thing that's ever happened to my family, happened. We got Blade. Just look at him.

I have never liked animals. Never. I remember being in elementary school and all the girls were all super into horses. I faked it for a while. But really. Huge hairy things with flies? I don't get it.

Kitties are cute, but once they are cats they get so mean and I'm allergic to them. They look at you so condescendingly. YOU'RE A CAT. Get off your high.... mouse?

Anything else fit easily into the "gross" category. Other people could like animals, but I didn't. Brooke was the animal lover in our home, and I just tried to avoid them.

I remember the first time I saw Blade in a pile of baby Shih-Tzu puppies. I had never seen anything so cute and snuggly before. I was smitten. Suddenly, I was joining along every time my family went to visit him before we could bring him home. Once he was home, I spent every minute possible stroking him to sleep on my lap or trying to feed him the dog food he loathed. Even my mom commented on how this little puppy had melted my heart.

Since then, I've always known I've wanted a puppy. The Beard is *SLIGHTLY* allergic to animals, generally cats and gross dogs. But there's a difference between dogs and shih-tzus. Blade is cleaner than most human, and in fact, acts like one. The Beard loves Blade and even tolerates my favorite "sleepovers" when my parents leave him in our care.


Ryan has ever so generously allowed me to get a puppy once school is out. I couldn't really do it now. We are out of the house from 8-4 most days, and that's far too long for a baby puppy to be alone. But come this summer, I'll be done with school, The Beard will be working, and I'll be all alone! Perfect time to acquire and train a cuddly little puppy. And I can't wait. I mean, LOOK at these!!!!




I check the Pets pinboard multiple times a day, sometimes KSL, and just gush. I know I'd love a shih-tzu, but The Beard and I also like Boston terriers. What do you guys think?

Thank you Pinterest for fueling my obsession. Check out my puppy pinboard for more adorable little guys.

(Puppies via Pinterest.)

2 comments:

  1. Okay. I have to admit. These little puppies are really dang cute. Especially the first one. I might have even awwwww-ed

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are SUPER cute. I also recommend mini schnauzers. They are hypoallergenic too! In fact, you can have mine. She's a puppy. Please?

    ReplyDelete